PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft crash Leigh Creek
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2019, 02:31
mcoates

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
The intent of my comments was not to incite debate about anything other than the continual comments from some segments that their aircraft is the strongest in the world, "if I was going to crash it is going to be the most survivable etc."

The only thing that wins in an accident is gravity, there is no getting around this any way whatsoever. In the case of this accident it is pointless saying it is the strongest aircraft ever built because gravity proved otherwise. It just doesn't add any value to the conversation or to the readers experience.

I have intentionally not entered into the debate about standards and certifications because again it adds no value and it only makes you a target for some keyboard warrior who knows more than you do.

To summarise my intentions about making comment, the accident is truly a great loss, I was speaking to people yesterday at the airport who knew the pilot quite well and nothing about this accident gels on their experience about him and his flying decisions. He was locally well respected, very experienced and current.

To look at photos of a crumpled wreck, and then start talking about how it is the strongest plane ever built do nothing for the conversation, gravity won this and nearly every other battle !