PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot academy - latest rejection
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2019, 23:05
TempoTCu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the comments. Some I agree with, some I don't, some I don't want to but probably need to.

I think it is fine for an airline to pick and choose and, while it is disappointing that I might be discriminated against on the basis of age, so be it - it wont affect my desire to continue training and aspire to an eventual pilot role at some stage in my 40's. The most frustrating element is the advertised BS from the airlines that say "this is available to anyone". If this isn't the case, then don't state this.You don't have to specify the narrow band of applicants you are looking for, just don't get peoples hopes up by making overt false statements that include people you aren't looking for.

In any case, I acknowledge there is a slim chance of making it all the way to RPT, a slimmer chance of widebody, and a highly remote chance of CPT. But the journey for me is as much fun as the prospect of the end destination. I'd be proud to say I worked as hard as I did, at the age I am, to get to any full time pilot position. Good luck to all who are in a similar position as me, and a tip of the hat to everyone who has made it.