PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 9th Jul 2019, 09:49
GXER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
DCE, well said, and fully supported.

It is unjust to make accusations on competency to parties unable to defend themselves, more so when there is a patent bias that defies the disclosures to date.
This post, like many others of the same vein, misinterprets what I see as the consistent thrust of yoko1’s contributions on this thread. The impression I have gained is that s/he: (a) fully accepts the design and regulatory errors made by Boeing and the FAA, which are culpable to some degree to be determined in due course and by due process; (b) at the same time, maintains that the flight crews on the accident flights were insufficiently trained and competent for the situation they were handed and, had they been better trained, they may well have retained/regained control against the malfunctioning (for whatever reasons) aircraft systems.

As SLF, I agree. I would like the people who are responsible for my and my loved ones’ safety in the air to be more rather than less competent and generally well prepared to discharge their responsibilities. If that means paying a bit more, then I am willing to pay the price.

By the way, my recollection is that the term ‘“sock puppet” was first used against yoko1. It is unfortunate when discussion becomes acrimonious but, as a neutral reader, my view is that yoko1 is as much sinned against as sinning.