PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 8th Jul 2019, 22:47
Kapitanleutnant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SELCALCHECK.... That was the most spot on post on this entire thread! I was with TK as a 777 DEC in 2015 for a few years. I truly enjoyed it... the flying, the rostering, the camaraderie with other expats and the 10 days off with a confirmed seat to pretty much anywhere. I had been at a very slave like airline operating in Dubai and coming to TK was such a breath of fresh air... and the people at the airline were the most lovely I've ever encountered... ever!

As Selcalcheck mentioned, there is no perfect airline out there, but this one... in my own opinion of course, was really enjoyable.

Having said that, I have to be honest that the reason I left was not because I didn't like flying there anymore, but rather the political situation. After a decade of flying overseas, it was simply time to come back to my home country to fly. But to this day, I still think of my time at Turkish very fondly and if I see a Turkish 777 jet taxiing out for takeoff, I try to get in a "iyi uçuşlar" to the crew.