PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2019, 20:57
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eiffel
Current fleet 104 aircraft in service. ORDERS: 274 AIRCRAFT !!! Crazy!
No other airline has such orders…. It leaves Ryanair and EasyJet well behind in terms of expansion….
Where are they going to expand since at present they are only operating in niche markets….
eiffel
Well, as a RYR driver I can tell you that we have already more (in service plus orders) in service. Much more.

Some other guys mentioned it already, in Western Europe you are more and more forced "to play the game", means play it clean, pay correct taxes and social contributions. Wizz is still not doing that and hiding in the East(because there it might be still possible). I assume the Vienna base has a Austrian contract(or something similar), otherwise the tax man would be very mad(and a mad tax man makes mad pilots ).

So no, Wizz is not real competion for Easy and Ryan. Just 2 very different "playing fields". Ryan starts moving into the East(RYR Sun), Wizz has 2 western bases(3 if you call Budapest West as well as I do).

RYR has big plans for the future with an order for the MAX(or however they will call it after that disaster), I am sure Easy has similar plans.