PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 8th Jul 2019, 19:26
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the days of yore, there used to be bright red warning at the bottom of every PPRuNe page. Something along the lines: "As these are anonymous forums, contributors might not be what they seem or claim to be. Press or unscrupulous may use these fora to solicit reactions".

While PPRuNe doesn't conform to Sturgeon's law and mostly you can find quite reasonable debate on it, there are some high profile cases that tend to attract a lot of garbage posting, sometimes intentional, occasionally not. The moderators of old days had good advice for dealing with such contingencies: "Play the ball, not the man". It doesn't matter who or what the poster is, all that matters is how much his post conform to reality. Highly experienced pilot might have non-publicly-disclosed agenda that would make his post look very informative while being severely distorting and even worst of the trolls might in his copy-paste frenzy dig up something interesting and relevant. So please, concentrate on the useful content and ignore the rest, OK?

Originally Posted by Discovery Bay
It's was a 'no brainer' for WW.
I wholeheartedly agree that signing even a letter of intention for the aeroplane that has been grounded on severe safety issue and has no realistic date of return to service because no realistic fix has been developed yet is pure "no brainer".

I predict that Lockheed Martin will return to passenger turbofan transport market in big style; this time with two widebody projects, far more succesful than its last endeavour. I wonder if T7 gets renamed "BiStar".