PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I fly an airplane in the UK with an FAA PPL?
Old 8th Jul 2019, 13:24
alland2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by custardpsc
I couldn't find the private licence guidance but FYI the commercial licence guidance says only one validation, which can be extended once , only before it expires.

Wondering, why did you go through the validation process instead of just submitting the 2140 form ?
I did submit the 2140 form and followed the process exactly as instructed by the CAA, which was to submit forms 2140 and 2142, up to date copies of my log book to show I was current ref. flight review date, copy of my FAA medical, all copies signed off by a CAA CFI

I've been given validation to fly G-Reg in the UK VFR day time only (No restrictions if I fly a N-Reg aircraft) for a period of 12 months, but what will happen following Brexit who knows....it could change things.

As you can't simply re-new the FAA validation on expiry and need to submit all documentation again, I've decided I'm not going to bother jumping through all the hoops again, I'll just complete the skills test and whatever else I need to do to get my EASA cert. which in retrospect I should have just done in the first place.