PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 8th Jul 2019, 04:07
wonkazoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoko1
As I understand it, you’ve never been part of a two-person airline crew, so I can understand if you are not familiar with the protocol. I suspect that you are instead focusing on that blue vertical line that was added by the author of the Leeham article you have cited, but the author was actually marking another event.

Wrong on the first statement and wrong on the second. (And yes, I know MCAS runs for 9.2 seconds. Shocking that you would focus on that detail.)

I've elected to not read the rest of what you wrote as it would serve no purpose. (It was the crew, the training, we should look at what they did, how the handoff happened, since it all went to **** after the handoff. Yes, Boeing is in part responsible, but so is the "foreign" crew and the "foreign" airline and the "foreign" training regimen, and the industry for allowing the degradation in training and certification requirements, but really, it was the crew..."

Other posters have nailed the crucial data point- there is not enough information in the public domain to begin questioning either the crew who were flying or mechanically what happened. We are far short of the necessary data points to begin critiquing what the crew did and when they did it, as well as what failed, when it failed and in general what happened overall.

Beyond that I'm going to remain disengaged as this (and your argument) became tiresome a long time ago.

This quote "I am in the middle of a very hectic multi-day trip (yes, I do have a day job), so I don’t really have the time to break it down for you. I’m going to suggest that you dial back the emotion" is as chauvinistic as it is pedantic and frankly insulting. As it is beneath contempt I'm not going to comment other than to offer that you nailed it- I'm an emotionally sensitive wreck prone to being aggravated by online posters, but curiously one who (unlike you) survived an actual near-death situation that required my immediate, correct and lucky inputs and actions and somehow survived despite my emotionally volatile tendencies. In fact it's a small miracle that I, an emotional vortex of uncertainty managed to survive probably the nearest close-call (resulting in the complete loss of the hull) of anyone who has posted here. (If my chute had opened like 1.3 seconds later you wouldn't be reading these words right now... It was that close...) In fact it boggles the mind. Emotionally unstable miscreant somehow survives a mechanical control failure that takes the lives of nearly all of the pilots similarly afflicted.

In going after the crew, and in cloaking it in polite terms you are doing a disservice to your profession and to your peers, especially the ones who died at the pointy end of LT610 and ET302. I can only hope that your peers treat you with such kindness if someday you find yourself in front of the firing squad of public scrutiny.

Regards,
dce