PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marine Corps how NOT to load a helicopter!
Old 7th Jul 2019, 22:46
Lonewolf_50

Received 421 Likes on 263 Posts
Originally Posted by nomorehelosforme
Lonewolf,
Thanks for your kind and informative post,

You are welcome. I was unable to discern from the video (not your fault, you didn't film it) whether there was a brake rider or not on that attempt to load the bird.

Oldpax made a point that leaves me puzzled, since I too recall brake riders on a lot of helicopter moves.
As to your taking offense: perhaps you'll in the future reconsider when you think you are about to be clever.
A trollish post, such as your title and the line I took you to task for, sometimes get harsh responses.
There's quite a bit of rough and tumble on this forum, and most of the players take it in stride.

You saw a video on youtube and decided to make light of someone's (a crew of them) very bad day at work.
I saw the same video and ran it back a couple of times. I suspect that a few other aviation professionals looked at that and thought roughly as I did:
"Why and how did that tow bar separate from that nose wheel?"
(I'll be interested to learn the cause, if that particular incident's final report becomes publicly accessible).

That may be the difference between you, and an aviation professional.

Fly safe.

@chopjock: my guess as well. The lower right corner of the video's beginning looks to me like they are on a pier, adjacent to water.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 8th Jul 2019 at 01:56.