PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 7th Jul 2019, 16:17
yoko1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wonkazoo

At the moment that the PF handed off control of LT610, MCAS was in the MIDDLE of an 11-second run......
Wonk,

I guess I should thank you for providing one of the best examples of what happens when you start with a pre-formed conclusion and try to shoehorn the evidence to fit. You have made a fundamental error in your attempt to interpret what these FDR traces are saying.

I am in the middle of a very hectic multi-day trip (yes, I do have a day job), so I don’t really have the time to break it down for you. I’m going to suggest that you dial back the emotion, put your earnestly held beliefs on the shelf, take a careful second look, and see what this data is really saying. I bet some other folks here are even willing to give you a hand. I’ll even give you a hint - that blue vertical line the Leeham News author put on the diagram isn’t saying what you think it is saying.

I’ll check back in when I get some time and see if you are anyone else came up with the right answer. Until then....

Sincerely yours,

Yoko