PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the instructors gone??
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2019, 19:52
KeepCalm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meester proach
As for actual flying , I’d argue that it’s probably just as repetitive as airline stuff . There’s only so many trial lessons you can do before it gets really boring and hands on in a C152/ Pa28 is, TBH, not as exciting as a mixture of hands on, AP in a jet .
This... +1
Depends on how much you like either activity.
Then also... recreational vs. commercial instruction are completely different worlds. Especially when it comes to integrated ATPL instruction, the syllabus has become inflexible. Also there are plenty of restrictions (for instance many aerodromes do not accept light aircraft or training flights -or landing fees are high enough to prevent it-).

In my case, I miss it, and I'm trying to find a place where I can instruct some of my days off.
But I reached a point after about 7 years where I needed a break (4+3 yrs with a 5 year gap in the middle). Mostly I needed to fly myself, go from A to B. I targeted a couple of aerial work companies but joining an airline was easier right now and long-term it seems a more stable option.

Also most schools need to improve the conditions offered (not just salary), and become more serious and honest.