PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX
Thread: REX
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2019, 10:58
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bend alot
I am sure Ethiopian and Lion Air victims families agree.

The guys and girls that work at both of those companies now have real pain - as do the families of the dead.
Really?! Poor comparison I’d argue. You want to compare an Australian airline to an incident relating to a manufacturer fault plus Lion Air of all companies?! Lion Air have regular well documented safety issues clearly visible to the public, to put Rex in the same boat is a long bow to draw....

I never said they were perfect, but the fact is most of us on here (Pprune) have NO IDEA if the allegations are true. I was merely commenting on the ‘pile on’ about Rex and your post proves my point. No ‘skin in the game’ but that’s the comparison you choose to make.

We are talking about the same CASA that most people on here complain about aren’t we? That issues 100’s of NCN’s and drives businesses to the wall with ridiculous requirements. That goes after pilot medicals. Maybe there is something to the allegations and Rex maintenance practices deserve to be improved. But the original union document submitted to CASA was designed to be explosive and grab attention if anyone in the media got their hands on it. To deny that is just ignorant, the union and this engineer also have an agenda.

There’s probably four sides to this story and I’ll go out on a limb and say none of us on here have the full story...