PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Embraer EMB-110 Bandeirante
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2019, 06:12
Propstop

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I worked for Jack in the late 70s and he certainly was a character. He used to play the dumb old country cocky, but was as sharp as a tack.
I was working in Sydney and was occasionally called down to the "Centre of the Universe" Cootamundra to assist with overnight Bandit maintenance. I was putting a prop back on the Bandit and doing the rigging when Jack came along. He said "I am just an old man so please explain how these new fangled props work". As I was explaining to Jack the chief engineer passing by paused for a while and then continued on. I finished my explanation and Jack thanked me and said he had a clearer understanding. Later at smoko the chief engineer said I have just kept my job as Jack knew more about PT6 props than most engineers.
There was Jack pre fire and post fire! Sometimes when we needed a part we could not find in the store Jack would say let him search for it as he would find it. Tales had it was hidden away in storage in his back shed.
I found he was a hard man but fair, certainly to me he was. There will never be another like him again.