PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew enjoying themselves
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2019, 04:57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OvertHawk
After more than one cr@p nights sleep in airport hotels caused by idiots kicking off in corridors and banging on doors I have little sympathy.

There is indeed hypocrisy and double standards going on here. We rightly expect pax to respect the authority of the crew whilst onboard the aircraft and equally rightly ensure that any pax who is disruptive on non compliant is heavily sanctioned.

But when it some to the crew behaving like drunken louts and disrupting other people's rest (including other aircrew no doubt) it's "just letting off steam"? (Never mind that fact that the alcohol involved was "smuggled" off the aeroplane - is that another word for "stolen"?)

They're on the company's time and representatives of the company and the industry. It's entirely proper that this become a disciplinary issue.

I have no doubt that my comments will be met with choruses of "bet you're great fun downroute" etc - I am great fun when it's appropriate but I also know when to keep my head down and behave responsibly and would fully expect to be sanctioned / sacked if I stepped across the line.

OH
Indeed, I agree with your comments which is why I stated "within limits".

There is a fine line between "fun" and being able to enjoy the evening without disrupting others.

Last edited by 568; 6th Jul 2019 at 04:57. Reason: text