PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 6th Jul 2019, 02:34
yoko1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sadtraveller
1. Are you an interested party in this matter? (i.e. do you suffer from a conflict of interest with respect to the success of the 737 Max?)
2. Specifically, as I asked before, do you now work for a consulting firm that has a financial interest in a recent large sale of Max aircraft to a foreign state-owned airline?
1. No financial interest or conflict. I've already made my coin, looking at retirement in the not too distant future, and whether Boeing or any other airline or related party survives or fails is immaterial to my future interests.
2. Corollary to answer 2, not at all.

That being said, I think it would be a really good idea if some folks here open up a big bottle of "Reality Check" and take a nice, long swallow. The fortunes of Boeing, the FAA, Lion Air, Ethiopian, or any other party tied up in this debacle will not rise or fall based on anything said here. This forum is basically a combination of information sharing and entertainment among a group of interested, albeit anonymous, parties. No lawyer, for the defense or the plaintiff, is going to be lifting their arguments or facts from PPruNe - sorry to burst your bubble if anyone was thinking otherwise.

The really powerful folks who will get to make all the decisions, hand down all the judgements, levy all the fines, rewrite all the rules, and determine the fates of guilty and victim alike really couldn't give a hoot what I or anyone else here says. Among these "deciders," any statement that starts, "Well, I read on PPruNe...." will be immediately treated with derision. You think I'm kidding? I've actually seen conversations like this go down. So please, everyone, get a grip. There are no great conspiracies afoot here regardless of what any of the sock puppets are saying.

Last edited by yoko1; 6th Jul 2019 at 02:51.