PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Jul 2019, 23:17
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HOOROO

Aviation_enthus I asked in another thread but no answer so far. With a young family, do you live in company accomodation? Even if you don’t, do you know what site is better? From what I can tell, we would be put in either Meydan Heights or Meydan South. One looks quite dated and the other quite new. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Yes with kids it’s likely you’ll be put in Meydan South or Heights. I know of some married f/o’s with no kids that have also managed to get a villa.

Both places have advantages and disadvantages. Heights is older but has a pool/gym/shops and reasonable park with a playground and grass. South has more parks and playgrounds but less greenery. You’ll find the South villas are a bit bigger and tend to have a bit more outdoor space as well. You can also get one with a park straight out the back door. The Heights villas only get a small courtyard front and back. There is also a school right next to South but Heights has a school only 5-10 min drive away anyway.

South does have a community centre BUT I’ll just say that it’s finished but still requires a few ‘tweaks’ before it’s open properly.

If you don’t get the complex want, I’d definitely ask if you can move. Both complexes have plenty of empty villas and current staff have moved both within and between the different complexes.