PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 5th Jul 2019, 22:20
maxter

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fly Aiprt
I'll take the liberty of returning a question :
The percentage of foreign crews that failed when confronted with a MAX incident is 67%.
What is the percentage of US crews that failed when confronted with a MAX incident ?
Problem here is that, to the best of my knowledge, there are only three crews that have faced this MCAS issue with failed AOA. We actually have no idea if the 'western gods' would have handled it better. They may have but who knows. All passenger planes should be able to be safely flown, in foreseeable emergencies, by pilots qualified on them with the minimum skill we accept, not just by the exceptional such as Scully.
What I believe we do know is that the standard of training appears to be falling worldwide due to rush to get more pilots and also cost squeeze from airlines. Given this apparent fact we cannot also have aircraft harder to deal with in emergencies.
The big issue here is the 300 killed seem to just be collateral damage in the fight to cut costs. This is totally unacceptable. Had this happened in US or Europe the outrage would be ballistic.