PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFTA, Simtech, VA or any other school for APS MCC
Old 5th Jul 2019, 15:15
BoeingLudo737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2unlimited
I would say you have gone with the better of the 2 choices. So I assume you did not spend money on APS, but still got an assessment?

I have never heard of anyone not getting an assessment with Ryanair when they have applied, sure they might need to wait 2 - 3 months or maybe more, but paying an additional 5000 - 6000 Euros, to maybe guarantee you an interview, shows that something is wrong in the industry.
There was many years ago a course CTC used to run, if you passed the assessment you would do something similar an advanced MCC/JOC course, and you would be put in the hold pool for an airline. Basically it was a waiting list to start with the company, but of course nothing was guaranteed. But at least you had passed the primary selection when you commenced this course, not just waiting for an interview.

Normally 70 - 90% of the people who are interviewed don't even get to the Sim session, so by doing this APS, your focus is on the second part of the assessment, which you might not even reach if you can't perform during the interview and group work if they have this.
There is a pre-selection process to get into the Ryanair program as well