PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any way to verfiy someone was "CAT D" on their upgrade?
Old 5th Jul 2019, 10:00
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Well said Steve. Correct. Toxic atmosphere and fearful political events do not stop comments of interest to professional pilots on a public forum. I too "lurk" around Fragrant harbour for interest in many former colleagues , sometimes for my larf of the day but mostly out of interest in airline events given a platform for discussion. That is why, even under the current climate, I offer to Arfur Dent ; Where the hell were TRAINERS like you when I needed...................er, ONE............! Be sure your Studes will have been grateful for value Training as opposed to valueless Trapping. CX always prided itself as a Technical airline but they lost focus and allowed the Bully-boy Trappers to prevail. 60 sectors Command Course ? That is like the old RN "Perishers" course for Submarine Command. Sudden death at any time and certainly, no "training".

Sorry to bring back painful memories but remember the ASL DEC deal ? That too was not really a DEC. It was entrance ,directly to the 60 sectors Command course starting with CX Technical boot-camp before getting anywhere close to anything resembling and aircraft. Two of my mates, FO's in my Company went for the FO deal. Also a nightmare. They resisted my advice not to. Partly because it was very political but I doubted that they would survive even RHS "training", They ignored me. Went. Within a month or so, were reduced to mumbling wrecks trying to figure out how the ASI max speed bar works (amongst other nice to know but quite needless trivia). Dopy questions like that on every sector ?

Soon, discussion like this will be irrelevant to the CX demise but still of value in terms of a general discussion.

Oh, and DROPKNEE : Well done indeed. Don't even look over your shoulder.