PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX
Thread: REX
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2019, 00:05
Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KRUSTY 34

I agree with you to a point.

The REX engineering and Safety Management systems are mature and well organised. Your assertion of “the one single engineer” however, either tells me you are a company mole, or you really don’t understand the current problem. Firstly this is not a case of an isolated “disgruntled employee”. This isn’t even a case of rust on propellor shafts. It is about the integrity of the system as a whole.

I know of at least two incidents where Pilots, not Engineers were “councilled” for discovering rust on a propeller shaft. In one case a Senior REX manager demanded to know from a Captain, where in the Flight Crew Operating Manual does it tell you to look there! Additionally the press are reporting the ALAEA have detailed 8 instances of unreported defects. Doesn’t sound like an act of a single disgruntled engineer to me.

The real elephant in the room is just how many defects were not reported, and why? Just one case of non reporting is serious. Multiple cases suggest some sort of systemic problem. This has the potential to undermine the entire Safety Management System. If found to be true, the root cause must be identified, and those responsible held to account.

Irrespective, If these accusations are false and the use of them by an individual (and their union) for HR reasons then CASA equally should be able to apply sanctions to the engineer. The idea that you use the SMS and CASA as a weapon in a personal dispute breaks down the whole purpose of an SMS. By all means if there are issues then it can be reported to CASA for investigation. To then put it in the press to further put pressure on the company and the CASA's investigation is appalling.

The Engineer has a licence he doesn't deserve if this is found to be just what it starting to appear. As for AOPA buying in! Don't get me started. The damage this does to the company and the other staff members including the other engineers and pilots of that company can be significant.