PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 4th Jul 2019, 12:57
MurphyWasRight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wonkazoo
Yeah, I could post counter-arguments a mile long but I'm not going to as there is no point. YokoDriver will characterize them once again and we can go round and round for hours but nothing will be accomplished. Further I doubt the veracity, identity and actual animation of the single individual posting under that title- for reasons you identified above. Also (And I don't say this unkindly) if YokoDriver is in fact a lowly air commander of the skies he is (by far) the most verbose, eloquent, and anti-straightforward writing version of that role I have ever seen. Full stop.

It is also clear that the individual(s) posting are not posting for this audience but for another, who may never see PPRuNe until these threads appear in a court case somewhere to show how the "knowledgeable opinions" were all over the place. Sadly many here engage in good faith, thinking that the individual is a single entity and is every bit of what he/she says they are. Thus not a troll in the traditional sense, but nonetheless an individual who feeds on creating division, diversion and hammering home their own core themes, with an overall goal that is not in view of the rest of the forum behind literally every word of every post.

My identity is public. So if I write something objectionable it may impact me personally, which is all you need to really know about the main difference between me and YokoPilot and what weight you should give our respective words.

Warm regards-
dce
(my bold in above)

If Boeing is in fact trying to muddy the waters in a public forum, which may/may not be the case, they are taking a rather unsophisticated approach if the goal is evidence for lawsuits.

As the disclaimer at the top of each subforum states identities are not guaranteed to be anonymous and are subject to legal discovery processes.

If Boeing attempted to introduce pprune content as evidence in a lawsuit you can be sure the other side would be all over discovering the real identity of certain posters.
If these were traceable back to Boeing it would be a devastating bit of evidence.

If there is a corporate effort to influence the discussion I would speculate that it is more aimed at the general press than future lawsuits.

It is also possible that yokodriver is what he claims to be, a passionate pilot with prior professional writing experience with lots of free time for prolific responses.

I have noticed the polished 'debating' style of the responses where irrelevant items are introduced that ignore a clear statement in the post being responded to.
When 'clarified' the response will be further deflection or none at all if the point is obvious.

A good example being my suggestion on revised runaway trim checklist that clearly stated it was not a memory item and -only- the manual electric trim was to be re-enabled,
This was confused by introducing (irrelevant) trim speeds and possibility that wrong side would be re-enabled.

----
I posted this in AM before seeing yoko1 above post so if nothing else there is a clue on his time zone :-)

Last edited by MurphyWasRight; 4th Jul 2019 at 13:02. Reason: Note on morning time.