PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck door locks, security & what next?
Old 19th Feb 2002, 19:11
Tripower455

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey, I've an idea!

Why don't we just make a system where the flight controls of the aircraft that I "fly" interconnects with my PC at home! I could just fire up MS FS 2002 (as real as it gets!) and "fly" my trip from home! The benefits are many! I've been flying R/C models for over 20 years (and only a few crashes), so why not?

I won't be able to threaten anyone with tweezers and nail clippers when I show at the airport, freeing up the newly promoted federal "security" pro's to concentrate on the low threat passengers (little kids, octagenarians, nuns, parapalegics etc. etc. etc.).

My wife would be free to get a job since I will be home all the time, negating the need for daycare!

The cockpit can be removed, and additional pax seats can be installed where the cockpit used to be. Of course a premium would be charged for the better view in the front seats!

My uniform expenses would drop dramatically, since I could wear the same dirty T shirt and jeans used to change the oil on the car.

Hotel expenses for the airlines will drop, meaning cheaper tickets for the sheeple, errr passengers......

No more parking fees, lousy food, noisy hotels, crotch gropes etc......

The gas idea could be installed as well, just in case.........

On a related note.......I had an adult pax ask me yesterday if we had the ability to actually land the airplanes. He was under the impression that ATC actually "took control" of the aircraft to land it since 9/11!

No wonder we put up with this stuff........

Only 22 years and 9 months of this insanity to go!