PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 03:45
transition_alt

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by phlegm
So I've been invited to sit the WOMBAT test, so as part of my due diligence I'm going over all the documentation I can get my hands on with a fine-tooth comb.

What I've not seen anyone post about is secondments.

Clause 5.3: "The Cadet agrees that he may be seconded to, and the Cadet agrees to take up
secondment with, other air transport operators, either inside or outside the Rex group,
as required by Rex."

Does anybody have any real world examples of this? Where were you sent and for how long? A few other times in the contract it only mentions that you will be hired as a "professional pilot" and does not explicitly state FO in a Saab 340. What other flying roles might you be asked to do instead, where, and with which other operators? I know about Air Link and Pel Air, but this states they can ask you to work with groups with no affiliation with Rex.

As an aside, the next part of that clause does say that the cadet will not be disadvantaged in terms of pay, conditions or seniority by this posting.
Cadets in the past have been and are currently employed at Pel Air flying the Saab freighters whilst holding a Rex seniority number.