PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot academy - latest rejection
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 03:22
TempoTCu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the underlying suggestion is age and gender are preventing me from progressing. The very two things that are supposed to be "protected" under Australian employment law. I am reluctant to accept that. If there are any airline HR people lurking here please feel free to comment. mcoates , I have tried contacting VF and Cobham (to who I also applied to their cadetship) previously and could not find someone who would respond meaningfully to my enquiry.

For the record, I have self funded my training to date (which I only started 18 months ago) by working two jobs whilst funding a mortgage, a marriage, and raising children - so I know a thing or two about "scrimping and saving" and I think my situation adequately demonstrates my intention and commitment to this new career if I were at least given an opportunity to express this to any recruiter.

I am not seeking training in a cadetship or academy exclusively, its just that I know how competitive the industry is so I want to apply for everything, and if I get anything I'll be thrilled. I am continuing to self fund and fly part time and slowly hour build. It is not ideal but it is the the only way I can progress in my current fiscal situation. I am thoroughly enjoying every second in the cockpit so if I could accelerate my training I would. I am not pinning all my hopes and dreams on being a flagship airline pilot. I would be equally as thrilled with any pilot job in a full time capacity that meets my current cost of living. Thanks for all the comments, I'll never give up I am just using every means possible to obtain as much information and feedback as possible to make me the best I can be.