PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 02:00
kiwi grey

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Danger All new 737s are now MAX, and parked

Originally Posted by Bend alot
{snip}
They are still building the aircraft at a reasonable rate
{snip}
  • Build rate is still at 42/month, and since (according to https://simpleflying.com/boeing-last-737-ng/) the last B737NG has been delivered, all 42 of them are being parked. [I guess there's maybe the odd P-8A / E-7 going down the line, but I doubt that's any more than 1/month at most]
  • Already part of the employee car park at Renton has been turned into a MAX parking lot
  • Spirit is still building and being paid for 52 fuselages a month IIRC - at any rate the full rate
  • GE are still building - and I guess being paid for - the LEAP engines at full rate, and will be caught up with their backlog very soon if they haven't already
  • There hasn't been any notification that I've seen of other suppliers being asked to reduce production rates yet
How long before Boeing has to haul on the assembly line brakes and go down to say 30/month or even take an extended "summer shutdown" with the Renton line stopped?
How long before Boeing has to tell suppliers to slow down production rates, or suppliers - especially Spirit - tell Boeing that they have / are about to run out of space to store finished products?