PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot academy - latest rejection
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2019, 23:52
TempoTCu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas pilot academy - latest rejection

I received the "thanks but no thanks" email from the first round of applicants to the Qantas pilot academy last week. Of course I am disappointed but I'm really seeking some advice to learn from this. I am becoming miffed as to why I continue to be rejected at the first round of cuts for all cadetship/academy applications.

I applied for the 2017 Virgin cadetship at 0 hours flight time and was rejected at first round.
I applied for the 2018 Virgin cadetship at 30 hours flight time and was rejected first round.
I applied for the 2019 Qantas pilot academy at 60 hours flight time and was rejected first round.

The only other details both organisations have about me are that I am in my late 30s with two university degrees and am male. I have expressed a very strong desire to change careers and finally engage in the career I've always wanted to do rather than the career that everyone else has expected me to do. There is literally no other job I can possibly see myself doing that I would enjoy, and be fully engaged in, other than career pilot.

There is no other pertinent data about me that I have provided to either organisation. Can anyone provide some advice on what the airlines are looking for? I cant seem to work it out. TIA.