PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 2nd Jul 2019, 20:02
yoko1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sooty655
Neither of the formal investigations has yet produced a definitive report. Leaks, particularly those either defending or denigrating Boeing, serve only to muddy the waters, and are generally open to belief or ridicule as the reader sees fit. They certainly don't constitute evidence from "a party who actually has all the data, resources, and experts".

You don't seem to want to tell us why you are so keen to shut down this area of discussion.
So you are suggesting no one in a knowledgeable position has said anything about the lack of redundant sensors for MCAS, the inappropriately high MCAS inputs at high speed, the subsequent need to reprogram the FCC, the problems with the manual trim system, the lack of fidelity with the simulators, the lack of proper documentation, the possibility of rewriting the Runaway Stab Trim procedure, whether the implied 3-second pilot reaction time is appropriate, the scope of additional training and whether simulators should be required, etc., etc.? All I can say is that we must be occupying different universes.

I could no more shut down this discussion than I can stop people from comparing notes on chemtrails if that’s what they want to do - but I just don’t see the logic behind it. I do think time and energy would be better spent elsewhere. But again, I do get the psychology of why some people want to hold onto this “hypothetical” as tightly as they do. Once you come to the conclusion that there was nothing amiss with the Main Electric Trim system, then that leads to a difficult conversation that some individuals would rather avoid.