PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Ryanair
Thread: Joining Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2019, 11:53
Ryanairrecruitment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomuchwork
dxbpilot

Not officially. BUT - if you ask for one of the big bases(e.g. BGY, STN, DUB, ect.) you might ask for unpaid leave(or part time) for the period of european winter(starts in November till end of march, did not look very deep into that memo as it is financially unattractive(for me) - only 50%(or none) pay plus social contributions during that time). But maybe a good way for you handling living in down under and doing some winter(yours) flying here in Europe.

Of course, typically RYR, nothing secure, nothing granted, first come, first serve(no seniority) mentality. If you would get same deal a year later, nobody knows. I assume as soon as economy will start off again a new exodus at RYR will start and they will have, as usual, trouble crewing their rides. Then ciao ciao winter part time or unpaid leave.

On smaller(2-4 airframes) bases normally you do not get that deal anyway, even not now. Crewfactor JUST right to have normal ops running without calling in out of base guys. All in all a gamble for you I think. But as you are already rated you could leave them anytime, so maybe worth to give it a short. Maybe make it clear during the interview that you WANT unpaid leave for winter, might be possible to negotiate a contract IF they are in need of DEC's again. Right now DEC recruitment is suspended, most likely a first for RYR in a long while.
incorrect, we had a big drive for 75% contracts in PMI, IBZ, ETC and had a big up take, crew fly Feb - Nov with months in between off, however you do correctly state that DEC recruitment is now on hold as we have hired a lot of Captains over the last 12 months.