PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Landing Site UK - What Legislation ?
Old 1st Jul 2019, 16:40
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies - I will try and answer each persons questions :-

misterbonkers - the landing spot is 250m away from a building and I could land an airliner in there. It's also in the middle of nowhere and there's nothing around the venue either except green fields. I'm happy with the site and certainly landed in similiar and smaller hundred's of times. I'd rather not mention the venue except to say it's an established wedding and function venue on the Wirrall. I've contacted the Council and pretty much had an argument with them because they refuse to commit eithert way without me paying £150 and submitting a pre planning application - ludicrous.

rudestuff - No reall back story other than what I've described above. I'm attending a wedding as a guest and want to land in their grounds. Incidentally, they're using the grounds to park the other guests cars and I simply want to land there. It is literally as big as Liverpool Airport and there's no shortage of space. I have since learned though that the venue has had it's own issues with the council on unrelated issues and this is why they are hesitant. The issues they have had are within the public domain and in fact resulted in the Council being condemned by a Judge.

Golfbananajam - no chance, if we had to do that every time, there would be no point in owning a helicopter as we'd never get airborne.

Meleagertoo - I agree, but I still need (and want) the landowners permission and they mistakenly believe I need council approval which I don't. I want to land there so I'm putting in the effort to convince the venue that they don't need it.

heli1 - thanks, I am sticking at it and thanks for the warning regarding nuts because I'm allergic to them !!!