PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Landing Site UK - What Legislation ?
Old 1st Jul 2019, 16:19
heli1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been reading this thread with interest,even tho I have had to battle through unwanted and unsolicited adverts all the way( administrators ...can't you do something about that?).Anyway I totally agree with the majority of positive comments you have received....provided there is no fixed structure you don't need planning permission...nor if the landing area is used for not more than 28 days a year, and if more it can be argued it's incidental to the use of the premises ( although usually that applies to the land owner who uses a helicopter as others use their car...both are transport.There are plenty of examples in the BHA handbook of hotels and other venues that accept helicopters on this basis....and did you know military helicopters are exempt ?!
It would be interesting to know the council (pm me?) as that could be enlightening. With the need for money quite a few councils are using pre application advice as a means of charging potential planning applicants for comments ...even when the answer is obvious!