PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions about education in Europe
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2019, 09:29
Cvetislav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again.

Originally Posted by Neufunk
1. You need either a fATPL or a MPL (a MPL is some sort of license which doesn't allow you to fly "small planes" after your studies until you reach a number of hours; you will only be certified to fly the planes of your company). A fATPL consists of PPL, CPL/ME/IR, MCC/JOC and your 14 ATPL exams.
2. It depends. Going modular will usually be the cheapest option. Cadet programs (usually MPLs) are often more expensive due to the fact that most airlines collaborate with expensive flight schools (L3, CAE, etc...).
3. Yes. You have cadet schemes who do support you financially. Take a look at the Lufthansa Flight School or the Wizz Air Pilot Academy.
4. Some airlines will pay for your type rating but you will be subject to a bond (leaving earlier = paying the difference).

Take this with a grain of salt, I am a "wannabe" myself.
1. So, can we practicly say that different airlines may require different levels of education and/or sertificates? Also, since fATPL consists of other sertificates such as PPL, CPL and so on, can I get each one, or at least most of them individually and still get fATPL?
2. Huh. That's really weird because I spoke to some pilots and they advised me to look up those cadet programs, not only because they are cheaper, but because they solve another problem of mine, that is you don't get a 100% guarantee that you will get hired by an airline even though you meet the requirements. By what I learned, when signing up to a cadet program you also sign a contract with a spesific airline, so that you have to work for them afterwards. Is that statement true?
3. I definitely will, thank you very much .
4. So let me get this right, if I sign a contract stating, that I have to work for Wizz Air for 5 years per say, but on the 3rd I decide to switch, they will fine me?

Thank you so much again for the valuable information and I will be waiting for your reply. 🙂

Ps: this message may appear a little weird because I'm writhing it from my phone and not my computer. Sorry about that.