PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2019, 06:26
Topcat47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taybz
I've got a couple of days to get it to stick.... been trying out the major system to memorise but that's not really helped
If the new booklet is like the old I am presuming you are talking about the aircraft info section? If not just ignore what I'm waffling on about!

First off I wouldn't worry too much about recalling every little piece of info about the aircraft, especially at this stage in the process. During my stage 3 (admittedly the older process) I didn't have to recall any actual aircraft info, but a basic understanding of the main manufacturer models helped very slightly. However, competent knowledge of the other information in the booklet was extremely useful.

That being said I didn't know this before hand so revised the final few pages by grouping aircraft into flight levels and cruising speeds which helped. I made a set of very basic graphs for FLs (aircraft on the x-axis and FL on the y-axis), on this I could add basic other info too and as I'm a very visual learner I became able to recall the image in my head when needed.

Capacity numbers are so variable in the real world, so long as you have an idea of the difference between the smaller narrow body aircraft (e.g. B737's/A320s...) and larger wide body (e.g. B777s/A380...) this may come in useful.

As for routes and companies I honestly didn't worry too much, again just knowing that the European carriers are likely to use smaller aircraft and the international carriers larger may be useful but I'd be amazed if any of this information turns into a deal breaker so long as you're showing the right attributes in other areas.

Anyway best of luck with the day and maybe we'll cross paths in the future!
TC