PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 1st Jul 2019, 01:03
MemberBerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The single trim motor was introduced on the NG. Previously the 737 used separate motors for A/P trim and pilot operated trim.

About how exactly speed of the motor is controlled, earlier I guessed it may use different voltages, but I'm probably wrong. I don't have much experience with motors.

I did find a document describing the NG trim motor upgrade between the B version and the C version (the max uses the D version). From that document:

Eaton’s new Model 6355C Stabilizer Trim Motor features: • Brushless three phase motor design • Low loss power bridge with IGBT switches • Processor based motor commutation and velocity control • Dual current limit (torque) control circuits • Power up built-in test • Continuous fault monitoring • Fault storage (non-volatile memory) • RS-232 test/maintenance interface • Investment cast housing • Two stage spur gear train • Modular, bottom up assembly — two electronic sub-assemblies, motor, housing with gear train
The D version on the max is probably an evolution of the C version, so many of those features could apply to it as well.

http://www.eaton.com/ecm/idcplg?IdcS...ame=PCT_201019