PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK versus BA
Thread: EK versus BA
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2019, 17:56
Twiglet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alexcruz
Tbh every airline is in a race to the bottom. Please someone tell me where the perfect airline is because I can tell you one thing it’s sure not our legacy carriers in the UK. If you join BA long haul your more then likely end up with 5 trips a month with just 2 days off between trips. Not really that different from EK, albeit on a lot less pay. Ok you could argue that after gaining some seniority you may be able to gain some control. But who knows? The question I ask myself is if I stay at BA and wait it out it will take me 18 years for a long haul command whose to say management wouldn’t have reduced terms and conditions even further, seems very plausible given their current record. BA management have taken away final salary pension and increased the pay scale timelines from 25 years to 35 years before you earn top salaries. Talk of moving to 24 hour layovers on routes where they can get away with it. What will they take from me in anther 10 years? Cathay used to be the airline of choice for many but now look at what management have done to that gig scale D has now been introduced as far as I’m aware hardly enough to live on in Hong Kong.

To those i would say earn the money whilst you can clear your debts and then look improving your quality of life. Flying 900 hours a year till your 65 Is not sustainable and unfortunately we are now the new generation of pilots who will be tasked to do this. Choose wisely and best of luck.
Alex
Too much of their, BA Management and they - don't you mean I I and I?