PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 30th Jun 2019, 14:29
yoko1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BDAttitude
From names of signals you should not deduce how they were captured and processed. I am not saying that they are not analogue signals digitized by FDR directly but I just would like to know fore sure.
How would expect those signals to be called anyhow if they were captured by e.g. the FCC and passed to the FDR by some a digital bus?
I would be fascinated to know what goes on under the hood as well. As you may have guessed, I like to know how things work. But frankly, right now we are all just bystanders reading tea leaves in an attempt to make educated guesses.

On the other hand, there are people who actually do know, and these folks are advising the various investigative teams that have been looking at these accidents for many months now. These teams are working with information and resources that dwarf anything any of us have to draw on, and we can make the observation that not a single authoritative source has expressed any concern that the Main Electric Trim was not functioning correctly in the accident aircraft. Lots of other problems have come to light, but this is not one of them. While this may not be as definitive as some would like, it is strongly suggestive that this is not an area of concern.