PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 30th Jun 2019, 08:44
BDAttitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
I don't know what I'd call them, but if there was a channel for them on the FDR I would expect there also to be a separate channel for raw pickle switch position, and the logical one to show on the trace readout would be the latter (as appears to be the case).
Therefore I would like to learn more about the FDRs architecture.
I've done a lot of logging data analysis - not in aviation but in automotive though. We would often find data where state information was not consistent and people would say this state vector is not possible. That must be faulty data. In nearly all cases it could be clarified - no faulty data but delays in signal path here or not looking at raw data but somehow processed data there.
So if you could point me to some material where I could learn more about the FDR and what exactly it processes I would be thankful.
I think I recognize the software that printed those plots (NI Diadem) and of course those axis descriptions are assigned by whomever did the analysis on his convenience.