PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 30th Jun 2019, 06:54
fizz57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoko1

However, Boeing's cock-up with the MAX has been so huge, so amazingly stupendously perplexingly attention-grabbing, that it has literally sucked all the oxygen away from any discussion other than BOEING BOEING BOEING, with perhaps a smidgen of FAA regulatory capture.

So when I say Ethiopian Airlines is getting a pass, I do mean they are getting a pass.​​​​​

​​​​​​

Thanks for your - voluminous - post, which however really adds nothing new. We know the pilots screwed up, pilots tend to at times. Whether Boeing or the airlines were responsible for the 300-odd deaths is of interest only to lawyers and accountants. Things have moved on.

What the accidents - irrespective of cause - have shown is that the MAX has inherent flaws that extend to the certification process and even possibly to earlier types. This, I would suggest, is of greater and longer-lasting interest to most people here than the isolated causes of two fatal accidents. Yes, pilot training is also a concern but that is a general issue not specific to the MAX. I would also suggest that it belongs on another thread not this one.