PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uber Air
Thread: Uber Air
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2019, 00:26
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 27/09
I asked this question a couple of days ago.

I see none of the supporters of these oversized drones has bothered to even attempt to answer it. Am I to assume then, they might agree with my sentiment that these "flying machines" are the product of someone with a lot of money pursuing an expensive folly?

I have to wonder that it's just some rich person or a slick salesman trying to live their boyhood dreams from watching the Jetsons zipping about the skies.
You would need to change the way you are thinking.

Firstly it will not be something you buy - that is important to understand.
Secondly you would not park it in your garage - it would likely collect you at a zone (maybe corner blocks).
Thirdly it will be very primitive and restrictive in the early years - somewhat like the Commodore 32 or 64 was.
Also it would not be like the current transport systems we have but part of a single network - there would be no CAsA or RTA's.

* Note, I do not think the example you listed above is the Jetson Zipper of the future. I would expect that you would actually enter a quick release pod than an actual flying machine. I also do not see Australia having the political will for some time, for such required changes.