PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 29th Jun 2019, 13:16
doxter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
Fergusd can you give some brief ( easily understood) examples of how high quality code is different from most code? Or how the process of writing/developing it is different? I have never been involved in computing at all so have little understanding of what the differences might be.
Cheers
what i would offer here Sir is that in many ways its the same principle all through commerce . how do you get quality when you outsource ? providers will have a contract that defines exactly what there obligations to the client are , and now more . otherwise they would be giving them services for free . yes you can of course get tailored / adhoc services but very often that is where the sting in contracts are , they become expensive and also this translates to delay and further cost on the buyer . the impossible challenge that is outsourcing .

agree with this by @GordonR_Cape- it is the vital everyday approach that can help deliver quality .

"This helped because even if they were badly specified, I was involved in an iterative process of clarifying the specifications."