PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uber Air
Thread: Uber Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2019, 22:14
Reggy Stirred Yuza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weight and Security Not an Issue?

I think I must be missing something. Won't there be a need for weight and balance to be considered for these aircraft? Pax would need to be checked in and any baggage weighed and manifested wouldn't they? I would also expect security screening will need to take place. If so, these things will have to be done by professionals at fixed terminals (and at a cost).
Who would load the cargo? Not the pax surely? Or perhaps these things will only carry pax who carry nothing more than a phone or tablet?
You could not have these aircraft simply landing outside your front door at home and taking you directly to your office. It would not be safe or practical. Flights would have to be to and from fixed and secure terminals. That means travel from home to a terminal and then travel from the next terminal to the final destination (in the congestion that you were trying to avoid in the first place).
Either I'm missing the point or if this does happen, it will be an expensive gimmick. Please feel free to set me straight on these points.