PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 28th Jun 2019, 08:48
BDAttitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoko1
If I am reading this correctly the "Main Trim Arm" relay is activated by one of the pilot yoke switches which, among other things, sends a signal to and opens the interlock relay contained in the trim motor box on the right side:

The interlock relay appears to be a basic relay and not a function of any IC processors. This relay appears to be spring-loaded closed allowing automated trim inputs by default (which makes sense because the STS and Mach Trim systems need to be active full time). When a Main Electric Trim switch is actuated, the interlock opens, and this "open" signal goes off the right hand side of the page presumably into the FCC logic which should stop any automated inputs. There is no way to tell from this diagram how the FCC handles that input.
I think not correct.
INTLK coming from the right side is a sensing channel activated upon switching K2 by applying 14V+ to A/P TRIM SPEED HIGH.

You can probably clarify this by posting wiring diagram 22-13-11.

Originally Posted by yoko1
Not sure if it could be extended to the original software
Indeed ... it could explain some weird things however.

On April 5th, I posted below Björn Leehams analysis of the preliminary report a question that still haunts me today:
What electrical signal does the DFDR actually record as manual trim input at which rate. By which device is it digitized? At which rate? And then transferred by which bus at which rate to the DFDR?
Let's not hope there was a trapping FCC in the line of communication. Blip blip.