PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2019, 22:37
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HKGBOY
If MAN were to ever get a PVG link then it'd probably kill off the HU PEK service, but would probably be more successful.

The CX always appears to be full up front when I travel- despite it being expensive ( & always pricier than LHR or LGW), but I've never noticed many connecting to China on it.

For me, CX price & flight timings make the Finnair option much more user friendly. Evening departure much better, although the lousy E190s of AY are not a good connection, cramped and full. Don't know why they don't use A321/A321 on all MAN-HEL flights. If CX were to introduce an evening departure then I'd be more inclined to use it more.

With CX buying Hong Kong Express I suppose there are options to increase China connections. HK Express was part of the Hainan Group- so you do wonder what the future holds for that group?
The ERJ190 (and the ERJ’s in general) tend to be very popular among passengers. Many carriers keep the config to 100 or less meaning the seat pitch is favourable and the 2+2 seating is popular.