PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2019, 17:23
rocker6346

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1

What is the travel time from Brentwood, Chelmsford, Southend or Upminster to Carlisle or wider Lake District area by road or rail? At 4x weekly off peak it is surely these passengers the service is hoping to attract.

Even if they ran a twice daily business schedule, the overall travel time looks quite competitive depending where in London you’re actually heading and where in Cumbria you started. 2 hour check-in is quite generous especially at the Carlisle end where 45 mins should be more than enough.
That last bit amazes me actually.
So I work at a quite (and quiet) regional airport in Belgium (ANR) and our flights' checkin closes 15 minutes before departure (30 minutes for Flybe, though). Now I won't say that I'm super happy with that as an airport employee, but I do see how it is a level of service that you can provide to your customers, as an airline. And seeing how little this policy causes any trouble at our (small) airport, I can't figure out why there are so little small airports giving this level of service to both of their customers - the passengers AND the airlines.