PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two german Eurofighters have crashed
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2019, 13:41
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Distant Voice
Hot 'n' High you are quite right, I was being facetious. .......

DV
Ahhhh! Sadly, H 'n' H can be a bit(?) slow on the uptake at times! My humble apologies. And re your background explanation I see what you mean. I have also just found the July 2018 T ODH SS (redacted) on line which discusses the strategy/hints at the limitations of the proposed ECAS, even if no real system detail is given in that top level document, particularly WRT Stage 2 ECAS. But I have enough understanding of TCAS vs L16 to see some of the issues.

As an aside, really interesting to see Para 7 of the SS, which I originally assumed was fallout from the Typhoon/A400M "Humberside" Airprox which, of course, links back in to the ECAS/TCAS debate as well as some staff shortages at Swanwick. However, it seems the mitigation talked of at Para 7 of the SS was not followed on the day of the Airprox (3/8/18). So the issue which Para 7 was designed to prevent, occurred some 2 weeks after the SS was issued. Even the Airprox Report did not make the point that the agreed process was not followed despite the SS wording suggesting the mitigation was already SOP! It seems, even, that the Airprox Board may not have been aware of Para 7 of the SS - no mention was made of it, even in the Safety Barrier Assessment. You know, I think the 2nd sentence of Para 8 is probably the best understatement ever re perception!

Anyway, not going to cause any more Thread Drift here ... but your point well made! Just wondered if I'd missed something - but your subtlety was way too much for me to fathom out sadly so thanks for the nudge back on track!

Back on topic, as I said earlier, so desperately sad that Training once again causes such a loss....

H 'n' H