PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2019, 23:12
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mart901
Once bitten twice shy for BHD? You could say the same in reverse when they left BHD.
I think EZY are so entrenched in the Northern Ireland market they'll not be shifted easily, also although they must indeed have took some of a hit they were never in FR territory pricing wise and they ramped up capacity. FR rarely go head to head with EZY, fighting cash strapped legacy airlines is more their bag.
Mart901,
i'd be inclined to disagree, Ryanair have been quite rigorous over the years at going after easyJet, they followed then into Madrid, Lisbon etc and overlapped significantly, and of course at Belfast with LGW and then the others, not to mention the routes into and out of the Republic in 2006. And routes like STN to Scotland, though they retreated spectacularly. Easyjet might just reappear in Dublin, as they have in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe, watch this space. . .

Separately, the prices to from City of Derry can be eye watering cheap, would make you wonder if Ryanair make an average return on those flights especially EDI ... for a, separate thread I guess.

Last edited by EI-BUD; 4th Jul 2019 at 13:58.