PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM Question at interview
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2019, 19:54
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any thoughts as to what the "correct" answer might be?
Often with CRM-type questions, there is no right answer and you can end up reading far too much into the question. Alternatively, there is a correct answer but the interview panel will know you're not type rated. Too many pilots feel these CRM questions are about how to handle confrontation, and sometimes they are. But, sometimes they're about seeing whether you're going to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm not typed on the A320, so I have no clue what the minimum clean speed is, but I have a general idea from flying in the same airspace with them for two decades. I also know there are aircraft that definitely have minimum clean speeds above 250 knots and either the type or the operator receives a special dispensation from the speed limit orders. So to answer I'd say that if the company has a special dispensation, rock on! Go fast, and show me how to manage the energy in a way we don't have to ride the flight spoilers all the way down. If not, I'd use all the tools mentioned before.