PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 26th Jun 2019, 18:18
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

All the FDR traces we have seen show the control col thumb trim switches worked up until the lasts seconds of flight or when the crew turned off all the trim power using the new procedure. So the tiny trim wheel is the last resort. I love it.

I can't rely on 15,000 hours of time in the plane because a new "feature" has been implemented and I do not know about it or the conditions that activate the feature. Ohhh baby....

Oh yeah, the decades-old switches on the col that could override the AP or STS don't work if MCAS is doing its dirty work. Gotta love it, huh?

There's folks here that claim :MCAS won't work if "flaps are down", "MCAS won't work if AP is engaged:, amd so on. Fer chrissakes, if the damned system was supposed to work as intended ( not finally designed and implemented), the stick shaker onset would have been notice to the crews that MCAS would also be in effect. MCAS? What's that, Gums? Oh yeah, forgot to tell you......... GASP!

The accidents happened when MCAS was not supposed to be a player of the plane when approaching a high AoA but below the stall AoA stick shaker threshhold. Right? So with a maxed out AoA doofer we get airspeed warning lights, stick shaker, and the unknown MCAS thing commanding nose down with out me doing a thing except analyzing the warning llghts and stick shaker and,,,,,,,,

Gums sends...

Last edited by gums; 26th Jun 2019 at 18:30.