PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset?
Thread: Headset?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2019, 15:17
18greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sprite1
Really interesting thread. I’m in the market for a headset too. Had a DC H20-10 years ago but sold it when I gave up the GA. Back flying a few years now and have been reviewing the various DC, Lightspeed and Bose headsets.

One question to those who’ve taken the plunge and gone for an ANR headset: how did you manage the change in noise levels? As in, do you not mind the lack of engine tone when adding or reducing power? Do you compensate by looking at the rpm gauge more? Personally, I even find myself using the increase in wind noise over the airframe on approach to judge the gusts/wind speed, etc. that a passive David Clark headset would allow. Do you lose that noise change with ANR’s?
One thing I noticed with ANR is you don't need the radio on 11 to hear it over the background noise. As the other posters have said all the usual noise cues are there (stall warner , wind noise etc just quieter and less fatiguing) I have a 13.4x and when the batteries go flat its depressing how much extra thrumming you have to put up with. It's almost become a no go item. Get a good one and you won't regret it.

in fact I don't think I know anyone who ditched ANR for passive out of choice.

Last edited by 18greens; 26th Jun 2019 at 21:44.