PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2019, 08:18
Davef68

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Pegpilot
But it's not just the Air Cadets infected by this risk paralysis. My gliding club has just been approached by a local school to offer them some glider flights on an activity day. Happy to help, except I now have to jump through the hoop of a 4-page questionnaire with 32 questions covering such diverse topics as
Do we have a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, GDPR Compliance statement, Waiver policy, Insurance, H&S Policy, Vehicles, Staffing policies, Accommodation, Sub-Contracting, Adventure Activities Licence, Staff Recruitment and Training Policy.....
Well I could go on. Just imagine the questionnaire author's face turning ashen if I sought to describe a winch launch and its inherent risks on the questionnaire.
I was sorely tempted to reply "You know what, we really can't be ar*ed", were it not for the fact that I'm a flying evangelist and would like some of these kids to have the same opportunities extended to me 40 years ago.
Hey ho !
Welcome to youth activities in the 2010s. Sadly, much of this has been brought about following tragedies involving young people (Snowdon, Lyme Regis, Loch Carnan etc). It's pretty much about ensuring people follow the rules as well as having the rules in the first place, so everything needs to be risk assessed properly and documented.