PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seven easyJet pilots sue the Company
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2003, 08:12
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the whole truth were known, this is not the first or only case of the ex- (I believe) chief pilot having made false promises at interview. Pilots, many years ago, did join ej on the promise of XYZ only to find out later the emptiness of those words. They later regreted the day they trusted such falsehoods.

I cherish the day when the 'old fashioned' value of a "man's word is his bond" or "shake on it" might return in avaition.

Good luck to anyone who has the guts to stand up for their dignity, and not succumb to the attiitude of many on this forum who believe their right in life is to be down-trodden because they follow a vocation.

It is about time the employer was grateful for finding the quality pilot, rather than the pilot being grateful for simply finding a job.

I am deeply disappointed by the repeated servantile utterances of many in repsonse to such matters. This is not to profess any arogance or egotism. Quite the opposite. It is simple professionalism, which you will find in many other spheres.

Without self pride and dignity you are lost souls.

And please don't respond with any clap-trap about market forces etc.

Good luck to all in this case and in the future.